Employment Equipment Financing
KATCO is very interested in helping people with disabilities achieve their employment goals either by working for an employer or becoming self-employed. In either case we provide financing to eligible borrowers to purchase office and communication equipment, tools of the trade and in some cases supplies in order to help the borrower begin to achieve his or her employment goals. If you work for an employer and need some equipment to successfully do your work, KATCO might be able to help. We suggest you contact our office and visit with a staff member.
People who want to start their own business and need equipment financing are encouraged to:
- Complete the Self-employment worksheets (this will help you organize your thoughts so you can, eventually, write your business plan)
- Take the information from the worksheet and write your business plan
- Submit your plan to KATCO for review and feedback
- Talk with KATCO staff to determine what other resources should be pursued and develop a plan to complete your business plan, seek help from additional human service organizations.
- Complete the KATCO loan application packet
As with all of our products and services, we believe that strong personal financial stability is necessary for long-term business financial management and success. Therefore, we include in our interviews a review of personal credit history and recommendations for credit building strategies if such steps should be taken.
Useful Files and Documents
The following are documents you will find useful during the process of starting your business and evaluating your equipment needs: